Looking For Info On This Mill Drill

Travis7s

Active User
Registered
Its a Long Chang LC-15A Mill Drill. Made in Taiwan, similar to the Rong-Fu but definitely different.

Has anyone used one?

See attached image.

lc-15a.JPG

Never tried one, I have a knee mill from taiwan, Taiwan is better than China so probably an OK machine

I have a Jet 16 mill/drill made in Taiwan. It was manufactured in 1978 looks just like yours. thomas s

VERY short table with very limited travel. The head looks more like a drill press head,but I'm sure with suitable bearings for milling's sideways thrust. Personally,I'd look for a unit with a more standard length table. I haven't ever seen one that short. Or a head that light looking,or a column that small in diameter.

Good eye George yes that table looks small. On my Jet 16 the table is 9X 23 it came with a vise and a set of R8 collets. And you do need to take light cuts.
got it for 400.00. thomas s

It all depends upon what kind of work you are wanting to do. I have the problem of always wanting to be able to do anything that comes along. It was the nature of my catch all toolmaker job at the museum. Last year I had to swing a 24" x 10" x 4" thick piece of maple in the gap of my 16" Grizzly lathe to machine out a hammering form for a silversmith friend. Cleared the lathe about 1/8" in both diameter and thickness directions. I trued up a 20" bandsaw wheel another time. It had been broken and welded. But,not everyone has large jobs come up. A mill like the one shown would be fine if a person just wanted to make model engines,parts for model railways,etc..

I have a Jet 16 that looks very much like that. The table looks smaller than mine. Do you have more pics? I'm happy with mine. If the price is right, I would take it.

GG

I have HF drillmill with a lot works great today
But it fits my shop and I do not need a long table
What type of work are you planning to do with a mill

Dave

Its a Long Chang LC-15A Mill Drill. Made in Taiwan, similar to the Rong-Fu but definitely different.

Has anyone used one?

See attached image.

The table is small but the travel is very close to other bench drill/ mills in x y and z even greater to some. Rong Fu didn't start making theirs until 1999 but you could buy a Long Chang in 1982.

Back