Looking for dimensions of the clutch kick-out block for a 5914

Holescreek

Active User
Registered
My 5914 was missing the clutch kick out block when I bought it. The clutch kick out block mounts on the square shaft below the apron and is adjusted longitudinally on that shaft to stop the carriage when the block trips the clutch handle. I'm not sure which Clausing models had a clutch/brake lever but there can't be much difference between models.

I'm hoping someone here has one on there lathe that can supply good pics with a scale next to the part so I can put together enough dimensions to make one for my lathe.

Clutch kickout.jpg
My 5914 was missing the clutch kick out block when I bought it. The clutch kick out block mounts on the square shaft below the apron and is adjusted longitudinally on that shaft to stop the carriage when the block trips the clutch handle. I'm not sure which Clausing models had a clutch/brake lever but there can't be much difference between models.

I'm hoping someone here has one on there lathe that can supply good pics with a scale next to the part so I can put together enough dimensions to make one for my lathe.

Good idea. My 6913 doesn't have one either and I think it would be nice to have. They are available through clausing for the 6913 but its 201.32 for all the parts. Be fun to make one. The pic shows the parts for it for the 6900 series. I have no clue if they are identical or not. Maybe someone has one and if they are the same we can both benefit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did a little more digging and found a pair of hand drawings with dimensions floating around the 'net. I don't know if I can post them here or not, they're not mine and they are not signed or dated.

Every once on a blue moon you can find one on eBay, I just never wanted to spend the money. I would like to make one also. JB.

Holescreek,

If there is no copyright info and no name or other attribution, they should be OK to upload. Combine them both into a single PDF, give it a meaningful file name beginning with the word "Clausing", and upload it to DOWNLOADS. I think that the correct location would be

List Of Categories (Click Here First For Alpha Sorted List)\
Click HERE - Machine Manuals, Catalogs & Drawings Alpha-Sorted By Badge\
Clausing/Colchester/Bantam/Johannson/Covel\
Clausing Drawings

Last edited:
I just called Clausing the other day to see if they had a bull gear for a 4800, they didn't but offered to send me a drawing. You might try them. They didn't charge for it and sent it within seconds of the phone call.

I have one on my machine. I will get pics and rough drawinging ASAP. Possibly over the weekend.

Back