Looking For a Not Small Horizontal Mill (VN, K&T, Maho or similar)

greg19606

Registered
Registered
Hi All,

Missed out on a VN 1R the other day so back hunting for a mill, I'm in central IL and happy to travel a few hours but would have to be something pretty special to make 8hr+ each way trip.
Looking for a horizontal, vertical head is a plus but not a requirement. Looking for something stouter than the Clausing/Rockwell models but looking to keep it in the under 4k lb range, I think over that is just going to be a logistical issue. Prefer to keep it under 5HP.
Potential things I've been looking into were a VN 1R, K&T #2. Dream would be a Maho, Deckel, B&S #0 but lately those have been way out of budget or unobtanium.

It’s a shame you don’t want a small hardinge lol. I’m located in central Illinois and am trying to sell it. Good luck on your search!

Ah I've seen a Hardinge TM on marketplace guess that might be yours.
I've got a cute BB4 setup for wheel and pinion cutting, Hardinge makes some great tools. I'd probably have a TM/UM and an HLV-H if I had infinite space and money. Just at a spot right now where I need something to make tooling and fixtures and I'd be there all day with anything smaller than an BP haha (Going horizontal since my ceilings are just low enough to make a BP not great).

Good luck finding that Hardinge a home, those are nice mills just need to hit the lottery in here before I go too crazy collecting tools :)

If you don't mind traveling to the St. Louis area, there's a machinery dealer in Millstadt who occasionally posts horizontal mills (and other equipment) on Facebook Marketplace at apparently reasonable prices. Here's a Milwaukee 2HL for $2300, for example. Note that I've never dealt with them, so I can't vouch for their reliability.

I know of a horizontal/vertical for sale.
Good shape, but it's in ohio

Check out Lost Creek Machine. They are located just outside Ottawa. I've dealt with them for years. Family owned and operated by two brothers. Honest and fairly priced. They have quite a bit not listed on their website.

Back