Looking for a M-head V-belt pulley (motor side)

jfs

Registered
Registered
Like the title says, I'm looking for a Bridgeport M-head V-belt pulley on the motor side. If you want to include the motor in the sale I'll take that too.

I'm located in PA, zip 19454

Thanks
Jaco

I have a set of pulleys off of an old Bridgeport but I am not sure they are for an M head. I'll send a photo of them in a bit with the size of the bores and other dimensions. Daryl

These might not be usable as they both have steps in the grooves. I have attached some photos so you can see what I am talking about.

Both pulleys are 4" tall. The small one is 6" dia. on large end and 2-1/8" on small pulley. It has a 5/8" bore with a 3/16" key-way.

The large one is 8-1/2" large end and 4-7/8" small end with a 3/4" bore and 3/16 key-way.

If you think you can clean these up the price is a dollar each plus shipping. :) Daryl

pulleys 1.jpg pulleys 2.jpg pulleys 3.jpg pulleys 4.jpg

Reactions: jfs
Hi Daryl,
Thanks for the pictures and the dimensions, appreciate it. I'll take some dimensions tonight of the driven pulley that I have and compare it to what you show. From memory the number of positions are correct (6 speeds), but the driven pulley on mine is different than to what you show, it has 5 steps on the driven pulley, and the last position is part of the internally splined shaft that receives the spindle. I may be able to make the motor pulley that you have work if it has the same belt spacing between steps, let me check mine.

ps.
I found a link that shows a m-head that is identical to mine, here it is:
http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/threads/51693-M-head-step-pulley-bearing-nut
(Moderator, if it isn't permissible to post to a different metalworking forum here please delete this link)

Sorry for the delay, I finally got around to measuring the distance between the pulley positions, it is 0.56". If your motor pulley is the same I'll be able to clean it up and make it work

Sorry for the late reply but I haven't able to log in. The pulley center-line is .700" from groove to groove but the width off each groove is approximately .56" with the exception of the largest one which is approximately .450" wide. There appears to be a step manufactured in each groove except the large groove as seen in the photo. Let me know if you still want it. I am assuming it is the smaller of the 2 pulleys. Daryl

For the record, we finally decided that it wasn't our job to police things for other sites, regardless of whether they like us or hate us. Just don't post a link to something that would violate one of the site rules if the actual material were posted here.

ps.
I found a link that shows a m-head that is identical to mine, here it is:
http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/threads/51693-M-head-step-pulley-bearing-nut
(Moderator, if it isn't permissible to post to a different metalworking forum here please delete this link)

Back