Long Drills and Reamers

USMCDOC

Registered
Registered
I am looking for possibly 14" drill bits.. 6mm, 6.5mm, 7MM and so forth.. not a huge set of them.. but some are needed.. .22 as well..

So where is a good place to be looking for these, my google foo isn't working all that well in this quest!

Drill with 12" of flutes are fairly common in fractional sizes. Metric sizes are going to be much harder to find. To get 14" of flutes, probably have to go with 16"-18" long drills and in those sizes, and under 5/16" are going to be hard to find without paying a premium price. You're really into the gundrill range. Might start with MSC.

Why not add an extension to the drill? silver solder a piece of round stock to the shank

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
For What. Wood, steel, others? Looks almost If you are working with gun barrels with those sizes.
Grts, Ted

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

Do you need to drill a deep hole or do you need long reach?

Parabolic drills are for deep hole drilling & come on extended lengths. They have long flutes & a high helix. The extended length ones aren't cheap though & not sure if they are available in 14" lengths.

Aircraft drills are long length, usually have short flutes for long reach but not for deep drilling.

If you just need the reach & have the room, you could easily make extensions either by silver soldering as mentioned or a hole with set screw.

Acutally.. not gun barrels.. but it is a good try. but i have figured another way to do it.. sorry.. the idea is intellectual property at the moment and i can't share exactly what it is i am doing.. but i will admit that my mind was going about this idea in the wrong way..

Acutally.. not gun barrels.. but it is a good try. but i have figured another way to do it.. sorry.. the idea is intellectual property at the moment and i can't share exactly what it is i am doing.. but i will admit that my mind was going about this idea in the wrong way..

I bet they will go on the end of the barrel.

Everybody and their dog are building air compressor mufflers down here. Kind of weird, real long and slender. Come with a 3/4-16 female thread and a adapter to 1/2 something thread. Don't make no sense!

Don't worry, i won't be infringing on that item one iota!
Everybody and their dog are building air compressor mufflers down here. Kind of weird, real long and slender. Come with a 3/4-16 female thread and a adapter to 1/2 something thread. Don't make no sense!

Back