Long before my time ..................

While I'd rather crawl tunnels with a 1911, the 110 db report of the QSPR sounds good. Of course, for special purposes they did already have the MP5k by 1966. The Army was still using the M3 Grease Gun in Desert Storm, so they clearly never caught on.

I had a friend who served as a tunnel rat in Nam' - he had some good tales/stories while he was with us. Don't recall ever hearing about this particular pistol configuration tho......very interesting...

While I'd rather crawl tunnels with a 1911, the 110 db report of the QSPR sounds good. Of course, for special purposes they did already have the MP5k by 1966. The Army was still using the M3 Grease Gun in Desert Storm, so they clearly never caught on.
I've been in the 'tourist' tunnels in Chu Chi, and the underground 'village' at Vin Moc. Whet to the area near Hoi An, following the Army topo maps to the exact area where my friend's brother in law's platoon was attacked. I have utmost respect for any who served in those conditions.

Definitely took major stones to be a tunnel rat. Your flashlight is telling the guy around the corner that you are coming.

Back