Logan Model 1875 Info

Yes the whole machine was pretty much drenched in oil, the owner was still using it and even when wiped down oil still is seeping out of the apron. I am going to use Boeshield T-9 on it to keep the rust off of it. I have had really good luck down here with Boeshield T-9 and rust prevention. This is a harsh climate and I want to preserve this thing as well as I can.
You might check out this article from Fine Woodworking. They found CRC to be less expensive than Boeshield and work much better in humid environments.

Thanks for that info, I keep forgetting they are still in business and have parts. I will be looking them up and ordering one within the next day. I will also ask about a collet closer bar for that machine.

If you call Logan, you can also get a copy of the operator's instructions and parts lists from them. You'll need them if you order parts in the future.

If you call Logan, you can also get a copy of the operator's instructions and parts lists from them. You'll need them if you order parts in the future.
Well worth the ~$25!

Congratulations HiCap239 on your purchase. I certainly would have bought that machine at that price.

I wouldn't sell the chuck that came with your machine short until you get a chance to measure run-out with a test bar that is known to be true.

I bought a back gear shifter lock key for one of my lathes that I had to fit to get to work. On my other lathe I just used a piece of steel the right thickness to fit in the shifter groove and ground it to shape, drilled a hole, and installed it. Easier than I thought. Since you have the drawing it should be very easy to make your own.

Good luck with your project. I think you will be happy.

Hmm.. Go figure, I find a logan 1875 buddy and he hasn't been on since Apr 17 - Thought we could compare some notes, Get some drinks and the next day after I leave his place he realizes he some how misplaced all his tooling by mistake..:)
Wonder how everything is turning out for him and his new lathe...

Back