Logan 6561h Compound Rest Base

tshown

Registered
Registered
I am in need of a compound rest base for my 6561h lathe. It appears that someone got the compound slide into the chuck and broke the slots that the T bolts run in. It will lock down and work but when I move the angle of the compound slide to 30 deg. for threading it comes off the base. Any help would be appreciated.

Sounds like they broke the compound off when it was at 30 degrees. Look at the bottom of the compound and see if is broken if it is you can make a new piece to fit and it should work.
Jimsehr

Sounds like they broke the compound off when it was at 30 degrees. Look at the bottom of the compound and see if is broken if it is you can make a new piece to fit and it should work.
Jimsehr
They broke it off in several places and on the 6561h the base is one piece that has the slot machined into it . The base is broken where the compound lock bolts fit into the base. The flange on the base that the bolt locks into is gone from 50 deg. to 0 deg. The compound will still lock in place from 60 to 90. I think I can fix it with some wok and imagination, but it would be better if I could just replace it.

Have you tried Logan directly?

I have the a 6561H and had to replace the same thing, I got mine from Logan.

Back