Logan 200 parts for the back gear engagement pin

expressline99

Registered
Registered
I need a picture of the actual parts for the back gear pin. I know there is a spring. But the way my gear is designed it appears there is a spot for a roll pin as there is a hole all the way through. Probably to keep the spring in place. On top of that I'd like to know if there is a small ball bearing in there that the spring pushes up against to go into the groove on the engagement pin.

The only reason I am messing with this thing is because I'm working on putting those replacement bearings in that I found on ebay. (NOS without a groove.)

I've fixed this issue before...it sticking but taking it apart this time things look different. I think last time I didn't see the hole for the roll pin. There isn't a pin in there now. But I'd really like to see what is really supposed to be there. The parts guide is so small I can't see it. It shows a spring and the push/pull pin. Maybe a roll pin? Hard to tell.

Anyone out there had theirs apart lately?

Thanks,
Paul

Paul, I have a few back gears in my parts pile. Can you post a pic of yours. If I have the correct pin you can have it for the cost of postage. I know the gears are trashed but the pins are probably usable.

Paul, I have a few back gears in my parts pile. Can you post a pic of yours. If I have the correct pin you can have it for the cost of postage. I know the gears are trashed but the pins are probably usable.

Hey Chuck thanks,

I have the pin itself I'm just trying to figure out if everyone else has a spring, a ball bearing and a roll pin securing those two on the side of the pin? Take a look at my pictures. I have a roll pin just started in the side there but that's me adding it. It seems to me even though it's drilled for it there isn't enough room for the roll pin with the spring and the ball bearing behind it. It could be that I'm over thinking this.

Paul

I looked at my parts book and it didn't have enough detail to make it clear, but it looks right: you need the ball and the spring to
act as a detent for the plunger. It looks as though the roll pin holds it together.

I can't help you. I have 3 gears, two that are complete but have the lever style release and one like yours that is bare. It does sound like what you're doing will work whether it's the way it was or not.

I appreciate you both looking. I have to cut the spring down that I have in there. It's too big to put behind my roll pin.

My spring is toast the ball I have. Looks like the roll pin doesn't work. There is Zero clearance if it's installed. I don't understand the ball thing either. It sticks up pretty much to the top of the hole it's in. The only thing I can imagine is that the ball is captured halfway in the spring? Then the other end is semi coiled through one of the pass through holes in order to secure it. But it's obvious to me now I don't have the proper spring.

I am going to get on Scott's page and order the spring. I think I saw it on there a while back. (months and months ago)

Edited *********** That diagram didn't match my unit. Apparently my model uses the original thought I had. It's a very small roll pin 3/32", a small spring and a ball bearing.

I ended up calling Scott and he straightened me out. I was able to order the spring from him. So when that gets here I'll update this thread with my results.

Paul

Last edited:
You're right, the parts book doesn't make it clear. If you decide to call Logan, they'll hand you off to Scott and he'll explain how it goes together.

Back