Logan 12" 2957v Restoration

It really wasn't all that much work. Given some of the lessons learned on mine, you should have no problem. The only thing I forgot to mention on my thread is that I used Testers Gloss Enamel (for plastic model making). I chose the Testers Enamel because I figured it'd dry nice and hard being enamel. In the future, I would not use gloss paint though because the wet sanding dulled it. The thing is, it doesn't consistently dull the paint; low areas will still be glossy while higher areas will be more flat after the wet sanding. I tried to mitigate this by spraying the whole plate with a matte clear coat, but that step wouldn't be needed if you start with matte or flat color paint to begin with.

The liquid mask was gold though. It really made the process pretty easy otherwise.

Thanks!
Im looking to get a Phase II quick change tool holder. what size would be better for my 12" Logan lathe...AXA or BXA?
I have about 1.25" from the top of the compound rest to centerline.

Thanks!
Im looking to get a Phase II quick change tool holder. what size would be better for my 12" Logan lathe...AXA or BXA?

Sorry- I have no idea about that.

Thanks!

Toolman147, my 12" Logan. (2557HV) is basically the same lathe. Although yours is certianly much prettier, nice job! Anyway, the BXA will be too big, Logan compounds are taller than other lathes. Even with my AXA, when using a 1/2" toolbit, it has to be almost at the bottom of the toolpost to get the cutting edge on center. Hope this helps, JR49

Back