Logan 11" lathe turret, Sacramento CA - $250

According to some 1940's, 50's and 60's catalogs, Logan used the same model number for their 10", 11" and 12" bed turrets. As they obviously can't all be exactly the same, there must be at least one (and could be more) part that is size specific. We just don't know what the part(s) is. AFAIK or recall, we don't have a parts list/drawing for any of them. It wouldn't hurt if someone who has one of them were to call, email, etc. Logan and ask for a parts manual and also what part(s) is different. And then put, or send the file and other info to me and I'll put, everything into Downloads for everyone else.

I'd like to have it for my logan . But no way in California to Jersey.

I remember drilling and boring a brand new one to the lathe it was to be used on.
I think that the bed turret was drilled and bored in factory if ordered when new. But if ordered later customer had to drill and bore them self so that bores were true to machines they were used on. And I am not sure but I think the bed turrets fit the early Logan’s beds up to and thru the 11 lunch machines. So if you put a turret bored on a 11 inch machine on a 10 inch machine the bores would be too high for that machine. And if you used a bed turret from one machine on another machine the bores would not be dead true to centerline. I did production work on
Logans for years. Then I went on to big W&S turret lathes.

Back