LMS X2 Mill - reversing motor direction

lpeedin

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Does anyone know, with any degree of certainty, if it is ok to install a simple DPDT toggle switch inline the wiring to the motor to serve as an forward/off/reverse switch? I'm reading a lot of conflicting information on the web. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here's a wiring diagram that I found on line that was posted by an individual that says he made the modification. 8603095ef5670c1fad03873b5ca98ed0.jpg

8603095ef5670c1fad03873b5ca98ed0.jpg

8603095ef5670c1fad03873b5ca98ed0.jpg

I've done it, it's simply a quick plug in with the appropriate part. I searched online and found the correct plug/lead that I ordered from China (sold in 5 packs/$5). I have an extra lead if you'd like one, just send me a PM with your mailing address. Easily fits in a mailing envelope.

Here's the link to my LMS Mini Mill mods, including this one. Read it through...

http://www.hobby-machinist.com/showthread.php/22202-My-LMS-Mini-Mill

Rick

Last edited:
Thanks Rick. There's a lot to digest in your mods thread so I'll take it all in a little later. when my head is a bit clearer. I'm PMing you my address. Thanks!

You can zoom in on one of the control box pics to see the specs on the switch. 6A / 125V.

You can zoom in on one of the control box pics to see the specs on the switch. 6A / 125V.

Looked through my goodie box today and actually found a switch with the same specs. Its got 6 pins vs 3 like yours, but I'll only use one side.
Thanks again for all your help.

Back