Live Steam 2 1/2" Scale Narrow Gauge Mogul

B Clem

Registered
Registered
Hello - new here and just searching out this amazing site! I started another locomotive recently and have been basically acquiring parts - castings and materials - for this engine. It was a sugar plantation 3 foot narrow gauge 2-6-0 built by Baldwin in 1918. I've modified it a bit to be a outside wheel version but still resembling the narrow gauge look. It is 7 1/2" gauge - should weigh about 450 lbs. when ready to run - a few years...

This is a part that I just completed for the valve gear (Southern). The actual engine had Stevenson VG inside the frames - this version is outside the frames. Anyhow - these are photos of the guide links in process...

20170108_164517.jpg

20170104_160047.jpg

20170108_161313.jpg

Welcome! Trains are fascinating to look at so please post pictures when possible.

Some CAD renderings of this engine.... and a correction: the original engine was 60CM gauge (1" 11 5/8") or two foot gauge outside frame engine. I took the liberty of changing it to 3' gauge so it would be a manageable engine size for 7 1/2" gauge track - 2 1/2" scale. The scale for the 2 footer would have been 3 3/4" to the foot....that's a BIG engine! I actually started building that one back in the 80's...the wheels (I cast) are enormous. I changed direction from it and went off in many directions - I'm back to my beloved little Baldwin 8-10-D steam locomotive... Need some photos of the actual frame but too ashamed of the mess of a shop I keep!

Nude Mogul.jpg

Mogul2.jpg

Mogul3.jpg

Hello BClem. Wondering if you are still on this forum and how is your loco build progressing. Iam a live steamer also, although in 12” ga (3” scale- sorta) and interested in your rendition images of your build. Be great to correspond, if you are still involved in the build.

Glenn

Back