Live Center 3mt

oooo pretty :adore:

well me wanting them is a given .... i get my monthly funds on the 10th of every month . i'll send a message here in the next day or so for your address and have a usps money order or what ever you prefer on its way the same day :)

Excellent ! And 'll send Nels (HM) a Ben Franklin on March 30th for my yearly donation . It's a win , win , win situation !! :cool 2::cool:

bosephus.

The only 2MT to 3MT adapter that I know of that does not stick the 2MT accessory out significantly further than it would be if seated in a 2MT spindle or ram is the one that Atlas supplied with all of its 9" through 12" lathes. They do turn up from time to time on eBay. The only down side is that the tailstock ejector won't eject them. For the headstock, years ago I made an aluminum push bar that contacts the entire surface of the small end. And works quite well. To get one of them out of the tailstock ram you would need some sort of puller.

bosephus.

The only 2MT to 3MT adapter that I know of that does not stick the 2MT accessory out significantly further than it would be if seated in a 2MT spindle or ram is the one that Atlas supplied with all of its 9" through 12" lathes. They do turn up from time to time on eBay. The only down side is that the tailstock ejector won't eject them. For the headstock, years ago I made an aluminum push bar that contacts the entire surface of the small end. And works quite well. To get one of them out of the tailstock ram you would need some sort of puller.

Cab , we're going from a 2MT on the centers to a 3MT in the tailstock , not the opposite . (although I do have those sleeves also) :wink:

4four3-5two8-01one5,

You're right. I was thinking about the adapter to go the other way. However, if you use a standard 3MT to 2 MT reducing adapter, it sticks out of the 3MT hole about 5/8". So the accessory will be that much farther out. The sleeve type adapter that I have (original Atlas) goes in nearly flush. Sometimes, every little bit helps.

Here they are all cleaned up .

IMG_7474.JPG

Back