Link to Machinery's Handbook 27th Edition

Re: Guide to Machinery's Handbook 27th Edition

Highpower,

Although I certainly appreciate the posting, I have to ask: Is this legal? If the book is still under copyright, unless you have permission from the publisher, I believe this would be a violation.

I am not a lawyer, and I'm not trying to bust you! I deal with this same question regarding posting music on my barbershop group's website.

The forum administrators might want to look into this question.

Sorry for being a wet blanket, really.

Mike,

+1. You are absolutely right.

While we very much appreciate contributions to our downloads section, such as the ones Highpower has made, and we encourage everyone to share, unfortunately copyright prevents us from posting the Machinery Handbook.

Machinery manuals are much less of a problem, especially those over 20 years old. We ave a LOT of that stuff, and I'm relatively sure no one will complain.

So we have removed the Machinery's Handbook to avoid any problems for us.
PLEASE, PLEASE, do not let it discourage anyone from posting other materials.

Thanks,

Nelson

author=wawoodman link=topic=1542.msg8826#msg8826 date=1301934661
Highpower,

Although I certainly appreciate the posting, I have to ask: Is this legal? If the book is still under copyright, unless you have permission from the publisher, I believe this would be a violation.

I am not a lawyer, and I'm not trying to bust you! I deal with this same question regarding posting music on my barbershop group's website.

The forum administrators might want to look into this question.

Sorry for being a wet blanket, really.
No -- you are absolutely right Mike. It's my bad since I didn't bother reading the copyright info. I had downloaded it from another site that had tons of technical manuals available, so I assumed it was ok to do so.

Edit to add: I have edited my original post in line with a request from the admin.

My apologies to the group. I didn't intend to cause anyone any problems. Sorry for the inconvenience.

HP

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to jump on the band wagon, but another site I belong to slammed me hard for the same thing so make sure the copy rights are correct. But it is truly better to have the book in hand and use it as a desk or toolbox reference to get the most out of it. Hope this helps and sorry to be a wet blanket too.
Bob

Back