Lift Table

bss1

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I have seen several recent discussions regarding the need for a hoist or some type of help for handling heavy weight attachments for milling machines such as rotary tables and indexers.

Since I recently acquired an 8" indexer, I found myself in the same position of needing some means of handling this 100lb plus beast.

After a little research on the net I came up with the idea of acquiring a lift table. They are available in various sizes and lifting capacities from places like Harbor Freight and Northern Tool. I had a coupon for Northern that got the price down to that price for one of their tables down to the HF level, so I recently acquired on of their 1000lb lift tables.

IMG_6293.JPG

It had a scissor lift that takes the table up from 11" to 36.5". This is high enough to get level with the tailgate of my pick-up truck or the deck of my Tahoe. It also is high enough to extend to the level of my mill table and work tables on my shop.

IMG_6296.JPG
IMG_6298.JPG
IMG_6301.JPG

So far it has worked great for its intended purpose. It also helped move several heavy items to higher ground when flooding seemed imminent during the recent Harvey episode. I know I will use it for other things in the future such as loading and unloading large full coolers out of the truck before and after hunting and fishing trips.

I think I'll be happy as long as it holds up. It seems to be fairly well made and has been a real back saver.

I too have a lift table and could not live without it. Mine in not the 1000 lbs model though. I acquired mine as a Craig's List purchase. I use mine for all kinds of things from work table to transferring heavy items to light jacking. You are going to love it.

I have the HF lift table, but my patient lift has been much handier. Also found it easier to store the rotary table where I can simply slide it onto the mill table.

41zhVE8Z4wL._SX342_.jpg

shop-5.jpg

I got by with just my HF folding engine hoist for a long time. But when I got a deal on a 10" rotary table it didn't work for that so I got the 1,000lb HF lift table. It turned out to be not high enough but indispensable the same. So I ended up also getting the 1ton HF chain hoist for the rotary. My mill is on a heavy duty table with castors so the chain hoist in the rafters in my garage work perfect. I had used all three items in shops I'd worked in and regret I didn't invest in them sooner.

You can never have too many tools or equipment to safely lift them :)

Back