Lifes little deversions ...

A little update on how things are going here. I mentioned above that my nephews girl friend (mother of his daughter) wanted to move back in, which I allowed, with the the warning that the first misstep she was out. Went in to check on Randy (the nephew) who is going through withdrawal and had finally fallen asleep. Went into his room to check on him and found her laying on the floor unconscious, and not breathing. Randy was just getting out of bed and came over and started giving cpr and got her breathing. We then got her in the shower and got cold water running on her, and I called 911. The paramedics and police arrived in less than 10 minutes. By this time she was conscious, and semi coherent, but still obviously very high. She told the police that he had hit her, and he denied it. I was only 20' away and hadn't heard anything going on, although they had been arguing off and on ever since I brought them home. The police said the situation was just too volatile for her to stay, and she would have to leave with them. I told them that I didn't want her coming back, and was told I didn't have to allow her back in, but if she got in I couldn't make her leave. No charges were pressed, which kind of amazed me. She showed up the next day wanting in (apparently someone dropped her off), and I refused. I packed all her stuff in boxes and had my younger brother (another fun filled story that will have to wait for another installment) set them out side. She sat out there for 2 hrs on the phone apparently trying to find someone to come and get her. Eventually someone showed up, and she hasn't returned.
Found a helpful psychologist/case worker at Human services, and after many phone calls, meetings, and finagling, finally got him excepted into a state subsidized 28 day recovery program (his fourth in the last 10 yrs). With a sigh of relief, dropped him off today in Oshkosh. Now, maybe, I can finally get a little sleep, and get on with the house and shop cleanups, appraisers, estate attorney, etc.. My wife has been helping out long distance, dealing with his traffic tickets, and missed court dates, and providing moral support. A few of my departed brothers friends have been helping out with a few things, so not totally on my own. Thanks for listening, and stay tuned for the next exciting episode. Cheers, Mike

Thanks for sharing. These are things that are surely not on anyone's bucket list, or things we plan for when we retire. This is like someone putting things in your shopping cart when you're not looking. One day at a time. -Russ

Sorry to hear all your going through , but this is part of what's keeping you sane. The venting helps relieve the mind. Ill be keeping you and the family in my prayers , . We all need someone to talk to , lean on its just the way people are made. Hard times hit like bricks in the face. And it hurts just as much or more.
Take care of yourself it will wear on you , don't be afraid to walk away for a spell. God bless and keep you.

Back