Lets See Your Shop!

Beings I need some posts I thought I would throw on a few pics of my clutter.
Machine 004.jpg

Grizzly12x36
Machine 003.jpg

Jet 9x20
Machine 002.jpg

Grizzly G1003 Yes that is a D-2 in the background nose in the air. Sat out in an orchard

under a sprinkler and filled everthing full of water. Price was right and I cant resist one more project.:rolleyes: Bob
Machine 001.jpg

Machine 004.jpg Machine 001.jpg Machine 002.jpg Machine 003.jpg

Last edited:
Re: pics of my shop

i like your logan tom very cool!

Re: pics of my shop

Tom,
What kind of device is the 7th picture in the first reply? Is it a ball turner attatchment? Looks like it has some adjustments on the ball likns in the front so it could be a taper attatcment too? I am curious what it is. Thanks for the great pics, even though you shaming me with your uber clean shop.
Bob

My shop is in a heated out building so it's a great escape when the weather turns cold. It has a lot of capability but unfortunately the 23x24 foot building is not near large enough for all the stuff that's crammed into it. It looks roomy at the moment, but normally there is a Chevelle stored in the bay. I have plans to add another bay off the back with room for the car and also to store all of the materials, that would free up a lot of space up front.

The two basic machines are a DoAll vertical mill and a Hardinge HLV-H lathe. There is also a 6x48 belt sander, a 14" band saw, a sheet metal brake and notcher, air compressor, pedestal grinder, hydraulic press, MIG, TIG and oxy-aceytylene welders. I've been keeping an eye open for a 6x12 surface grinder, but no luck yet.

314.JPG

315.JPG

316.JPG

317.JPG

318.JPG

319.JPG

320.JPG

321.JPG

I'm a big fan of old Lufkin tools. This is a set of NOS micrometers I managed to collect over the years and the tool box to the right is full of NOS lufkin tools. I've been trying to find one of the Lukin oak tool chests, but haven't had much success. They occasionally show up on eBay but go for big bucks.

307.JPG

308.JPG

314.JPG

314.JPG

315.JPG

315.JPG

316.JPG

316.JPG

317.JPG

317.JPG

318.JPG

318.JPG

319.JPG

319.JPG

320.JPG

320.JPG

321.JPG

321.JPG

307.JPG

307.JPG

308.JPG

308.JPG

Well I'm getting further along on my 26x26 ft shop. Here are a few pictures. With the Rockford I have 4 chucks but generally use the 4 jaw scroll. They are too heavy to change till I build my crain. tommie

shop 001.JPG shop 005.JPG shop 002.JPG shop 009.JPG shop 003.JPG shop 010.JPG shop 004.JPG

The shaper was one of those its close by and I have 600 in pocket so why not. After I get time to look it over I notice the clapper is welded down, the fast traverse lever is hanging, front support has been welded. Ok so when I get time it will need a little work! I have ordered a rollup door where the plywood is unpainted, just haven't recieved it yet. Still have welders, Plasma torch , bench grinders, belt sanders, lots of stuff and space in shop is limited. I thinking about the other side of building maybe putting up tin and put welding stuff there. Build another storage shed and put mowers and things I can't seem to part with there. It only takes money which I seem to have run out of, but its been a great holiday round here.
Must have drank too much cause never have this much to say.

tommie

Thanks for the comments.

Well here is my shop. The lathe is a '37 Craftsman 12" and I am still looking for a mill.

I also have another 2 story garage, I have my generator, pressure washer, engine stand, lawn tractor, boat and other odds and ends on the ground floor. Up stairs I use to repair and rebuild air rifles and for more storage.

Garage Photos 002 (Small).jpg Garage Photos 005 (Small).jpg Garage Photos 008 (Small).jpg Garage Photos 001 (Small).jpg Garage Photos 006 (Small).jpg Garage Photos 003 (Small).jpg Garage Photos 007 (Small).jpg Garage Photos 004 (Small).jpg

bobbyjim Looks good but a little to well organized. You need to come by and show me how to do it. Hope you post some airgun rebuilds as I think I might like to do some. Luck on the mill. tommie

Back