Let's do it with a lathe, Part 1

Norppu

Registered
Registered
In the first part of this series, lathes and turning are covered at a very general level.
Finally, a workpiece is faced and the exact outer diameter is turned.

In this video I use:
- Weiler Matador SV (1972) Lathe

The video is spoken in Finnish but it has good quality hand written subtitles in English, German and Swedish.

I'm sorry, but I cannot read that fast and still pay attention to what it is he is trying to convey to his audience.
I did not watch it, but it may help to change the play back speed to slow it down. I have done this when watching videos in languages I don't speak and follow along with the auto generated subtitles. It can help quite a bit. Sometime though, at 75% playback speed is too slow, I wish I could just dial it back to 90% of full speed.

I did not watch it, but it may help to change the play back speed to slow it down. I have done this when watching videos in languages I don't speak and follow along with the auto generated subtitles. It can help quite a bit. Sometime though, at 75% playback speed is too slow, I wish I could just dial it back to 90% of full speed.
There is only one real solution to this. Slow down the speech rate.
Another solution would be to dub the video. YouTube is currently working with separate language tracks for a video. Until they FINALLY get it done, I guess I have to slow down my tempo thus allowing more time to read the subtitles.
This video is also a little bit special in that that I have removed my thinking periods from it. Now I see that it was a mistake. It raised the video pace but at the same time it made it somewhat hard to follow. I guess I have to keep my own pace and not listen to stupid YouTube recommendations.

Back