Led Lighting For The Lms 3960 Mini-mill?

cazclocker

Purveyor of cheese.
Registered
I could swear that I saw a post here by somebody saying that he installed this LED light on his LMS mini-mill: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FDMSREQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

but I can't find the original post. I bookmarked the light, though. I think he offered to explain how he mounted it, and I'd like to ask but as I mentioned I can't find the original post!
For the life of me, I can't see how it mounts onto the mill, since the machine's spindle spins. He must have glued it to the underside of the head...or something.

...Doug

Thanks, bpratl. Yep, that's the thread. And actually, I was somewhat afraid of the problem you mentioned - the shadow. The thread shows a .pdf of a much better solution, I think...small arrays to the left, right and directly behind the spindle.
Thanks again,
...Doug

Thanks, bpratl. Yep, that's the thread. And actually, I was somewhat afraid of the problem you mentioned - the shadow. The thread shows a .pdf of a much better solution, I think...small arrays to the left, right and directly behind the spindle.
Thanks again,
...Doug

I added both a spindle light and a strip of lights along the side. It works very well

image.jpg

Back