Lathe Milling Attachment Identity Wanted??

raykehrhan

Registered
Registered
Hello,

I recently acquired the estate of a retired machinist, and this lathe milling attachment was among the small items I found. Can anyone tell me what lathe it would go with? It seems to be robust and well built.

Thanks for any help provided.

RayIMG_7592.jpg IMG_7593.jpg IMG_7594.jpg IMG_7595.jpg IMG_7596.jpg IMG_7597.jpg IMG_7598.jpg

I've no idea.
But, if you can give us an idea of scale, then someone might at least be able to give a lathe size.

Daryl
MN

The round dovetail mount looks a lot like the one that holds a South Bend compound to the cross slide. It also looks like it might not be an original part of this milling attachment.

Looks like an milling attachment for a small lathe, South bend booklet reprints are available describe how to use.

Wait, the SB milling attachment has those grooved jaws? Hmm. Looks like I need to put a pair on my wish list. Or on my 'Tooling I Need To Make" list.

That is a hybrid of different items mounted together for a mill vise.

First, that is a Palmgren vise bolted to the slide. The slide looks like a milling attachment from another lathe-not South Bend. Then the base with the dovetail looking round mount was added so it could be used on a South Bend lathe.

The slide could be from a Logan, Sheldon possibly, who knows. It's definitely not a OEM milling attachment. Definitely home made.

Back