[Noteworthy] Lathe holding circuit dropping out

Nigel123

Registered
Registered
Had an intermitent problem with my lathe,the holding cicuit woud drop out shutting the motor down
It would restart right away and run for awhile then stop again
Checked and tightened terminals but seemed to happen more frequently
Figured it had to be the maintained stop button so ordered a replacement
Just before it arrived I noticed the lights seem to flicker in the shop
After staring at them for a while one bulb went off and on
These are LED relpacement bulbs for the old incandescent
Changed the bulb and the lathe hasnt stopped since(different breaker)
I am keeping the switch because I believe if you have a spare it will never break
so not taking any chances

Make and model?

Pictures?

Sounds like you figured it out? I would try a different brand of lighting if you think it caused the problem.

I ran across a piece of industrial meat processing equipment, a high speed hamburger patty forming machine.
The controls were wired in such a way that if the pilot lights for the operating switches were not operating, the machine would not run. Talk about a PITA. A light bulb which cost less than $2 wiill prevent a $200k machine from operating.

Sounds like you figured it out? I would try a different brand of lighting if you think it caused the problem.
I tried to send picture dont know what happened to it
I replaced the light bulbs 6 years ago first time this has happened
Figured the LED momentary shorted putting power to the neutral dropping the relay out
Probably should look at new lighting not very good for old eyes
Got the Model number wrong B2070 saw that on the picture where ever it went to

I ran across a piece of industrial meat processing equipment, a high speed hamburger patty forming machine.
The controls were wired in such a way that if the pilot lights for the operating switches were not operating, the machine would not run. Talk about a PITA. A light bulb which cost less than $2 wiill prevent a $200k machine from operating.
Also worked in a meat processing plant talk about crappy power
washdown was a nightmare kept us employed fixing shorts and burnt plugs
stray signals were a challenge to say the least

Back