lathe choice

Target buster

Registered
Registered
After a whole year of checking out different lathes I am more confused than when I started! I have looked really hard @ the Griz G4003G but wallet allowing I think I am more interested in the G0709 14x40. is this a good choice for quality work on all aspects of gunsmithing? Please advise cause i'm dazed and confused!

After a whole year of checking out different lathes I am more confused than when I started! I have looked really hard @ the Griz G4003G but wallet allowing I think I am more interested in the G0709 14x40. is this a good choice for quality work on all aspects of gunsmithing? Please advise cause i'm dazed and confused!

Both are great choices from a vendor with an excellent reputation. The G0509G is another option too.

However, 'gunsmithing' is a wide ranging subject ranging from repair and modifications, to the construction of custom firearms from scratch and anything inbetween.

The lathe that's best for you will depend on the type and size of work you want to do, and what you can afford to spend.

M

Back