Latest knife, finished today

ddushane

Active User
Registered
Just finished this one today for a Christmas present, pictures aren't great. It's 3-5/8" long closed, & a 2-3/4" blade, ivory scales, 416 SS bolsters & back space bar, Titanium Liners, & Double Stainless Devin Thomas Damascus for the blade, vine filework & a Damascus thumb stud.
latest knife 2.jpglatest knife 3.jpglatest knife 4.jpglatest knife 5.jpglatest knife 6.jpglatest knife 7.jpglatest knife.jpg

latest knife 2.jpg latest knife 3.jpg latest knife 4.jpg latest knife 5.jpg latest knife 6.jpg latest knife 7.jpg latest knife.jpg

Amazing file work. And amazing work overall, as usual Duane.

Incredible work:man:I'd like to try my hand at making some knives, probably start off with a butter knife and work my way down

Wow...how do I get on your Christmas list? :)

I have a friend who used to make a living making custom chef's knives, but he's mostly retired now. I sometimes think I might try this, but it would be a whole 'nuther set of tools I'd have to acquire and I'm fairly certain I don't have the room nor money.

Bill

Dwayne, truly amazing work right there, and the pictures look beautiful.

If I may, can I ask what you're using for the black coloring in the engraving on the stainless? Do you possibly have any resources on how to begin to learn this art?

Thanks for sharing as you're very inspiring.
Dave

true artist Mr D. by the way; where ya been lately?????

do you do this with a loupe or similar ? and if you were to make a error, can you change the art and continue ? that knife and others on your web site are beautiful. . . I would be a very proud owner to say the least.

now I will need to spend a half a day to see how you and others do it. . . . thanks for sharing. . . . . .
davidh

Back