Large Rotary Table Refurbish

First off, GLMPHOTO, what can we call you besides your online alias?
I've never taken one of these apart before.
Is there just one bolt thru the side holding the table top in place? Does the worm shaft come out before or after the plate is removed?

Marcel

xalky, on mine it table was held on by a large nut on the bottom you can see it in the pic next to the table.
I did pull the worm gear out first.

Glmphoto, I'll try to get some pics of the adjust soon but as I recall there is a screw on one side that forces the gap to close on the other side the bushing has a slit down it.

First off, GLMPHOTO, what can we call you besides your online alias?
I've never taken one of these apart before.
Is there just one bolt thru the side holding the table top in place? Does the worm shaft come out before or after the plate is removed?

Marcel

Marcel...... On my table there is a ring underneath with 6 bolts holding it to the table. Once removed the table comes straight up out. You gotta get it up on its side and see if its a nut or a ring I guess. Be careful. I blocked mine up on 6x6 wood blocks and removed the ring then pulled the table up with a jib crane. It didnt come out at first try. it took some careful persuasion but it finally came apart. Mine didnt turn prior to dis-assembly , however, like yours does.
Let me know if you want any pics.
Everyone calls me Bear

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

xalky, on mine it table was held on by a large nut on the bottom you can see it in the pic next to the table.
I did pull the worm gear out first.

Glmphoto, I'll try to get some pics of the adjust soon but as I recall there is a screw on one side that forces the gap to close on the other side the bushing has a slit down it.

Maxx.... I will look forward to a pic or two of that bushing. Sounds interesting.

Thanks. I just picked mine up and I have a ring with flush allen screws. That oughta get me started.

Thanks

Maxx.... I will look forward to a pic or two of that bushing. Sounds interesting.
Here ya go this pic tells it all without taking it apart more which I don't plan on doing.

12inRT3.jpg

12inRT3.jpg

Here ya go this pic tells it all without taking it apart more which I don't plan on doing.

Maxx,
thanks for the pic. I never saw anything like that before. Very cool
Thanks again

Back