Kurt 6"

BillyT

Registered
Registered
hey guys, I have a 6" kurt thats too big for my mill/drill. I want to sell it and buy something smaller.

I am wondering what you guys think I should ask for it. (only used it once)

A picture would be nice to see the condition and a few more specs , age, model etc

I recently sold an older 6" Kurt (in very good condition) for $300 on Craigslist. Like you, I'd discovered that it was way too large for my (Grizzly G1007/RF-30) mill-drill. Sounds like yours is newer than mine, so you might be able to get more. I just don't know what the "market" is like in Saskatchewan. Best wishes!
aHPIM3593.jpg

I bought a D60 Kurt like the photo above (no holes in the jaws though) for $120 about 2 years ago. If it was a newer D668 I would ask $400 if only used twice and was in as new condition. I've seen the D688 selling in the Seattle area for $350, new in the box, but I didn't want to drive 3 hrs to pick it up. There is a local supplier that has them new for $484 (toolssupply.com) which is where I ended up buying mine as I could pickup local vs shipping. All depends on what you have.

A good vise to look at for your mill is the Glacern 5". I had one of these for my Enco PF45 size bench top mill. They are very good quality and a nice size.

About 2 years ago I saw a Kurt "almost new" 6" vise on Craigs List; a buddy got it for $200. In this case the seller was telling the truth, the vise looked unused. From what I hear, everything is more expensive in Canada. What did you pay for it and what condition is it in?

Mike

As a point of reference Enco has 25% and free ship today. The 688 is $426 to your door brand new.
756351b942ccd71ab61457216975e7d9.jpg

Back