Kent (BP Clone) on VFD

Hi All,

Had a bit of time this weekend to work on the mill and get the last couple things finished up. I installed the second pot as a trim pot as suggested and got it dialed in to work perfectly. Full range of speed over the travel of the dial.

I also was able to get the single phase coolant pump all hooked up. It was a little too large for the bracket and had me scratching my head for a few minutes before I remembered that I had a milling machine and a boring head. Duh! Sure felt like an idiot for a few minutes.:whistle: My first real work on the mill got the bracket bored out the 20 tho more that it needed to clear the new pump.
I needed to mount the boring bar in one of the horizontal holes to get a large enough diameter, but of course an RH cuts LH when mounted horizontally. No problem with the switch I wired in for direction. Flip the switch and bore in reverse. Too easy! Glad I decided to put that one in there.

I ordered a cheap eBay volt meter which I'm going to use for a remote display for percentage of full RPM. I think I'm going to mount it on the new DRO that's sitting down at the post office waiting for me to pick up!! It's like Christmas, I'm so excited! I guess I know what I'm doing this weekend!

Thanks again for the input and help. I'll post up another vid once I get the DRO installed.

-kelly

Back