Kennedy tool box

jsh

Registered
Registered
I picked up a Kennedy tool box at an auction. Price was right and it is still solid. Problem is it looks to have sat on concrete and drew moisture. Bottom and about 1" up the coating is in need of some TLC. I doubt I can match it, but if any of you folks have solved such a problem I am all ears.
Jeff

I believe a similar wrinkle-finish paint is available from auto parts stores, though you might not be able to find a matching Kennedy Brown.

I believe member Mark F recommends baking the finish to enhance the wrinkle effect.

I pick up some wrinkle black paint from McMaster,but I had heck.To little its just smooth,to much then it runs and wrinkles.You will have to practice few times to get it right.I gave up and just painted mine that hammer gray----kroll

To get a good wrinkle finish I find it best to heat the paint as it is drying. For large parts I have used a heat gun and kept it moving. For small parts I have used an oven. The finish
comes out much better with even heat.

I had one that the paint did not stick well on and I did not like the look, felt like I was disrespecting my tools. I stripped it bare, bead blasted it, applied self etching primer and that hammer finish paint. Came out nice and has held up well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back