Keler power hacksaw

StonewellMark

Active User
Registered
Hello everyone, I just got an old Keller power hacksaw from a neighbor and it appears the "gib" on the blade frame is gone (yeah theres grooves worn into it). I was wondering if anyone knows of any parts suppliers......Kellers website doesnt offer much info. Any help would be great.....I'll try to get some photos tomorrow!! Thanks

Mark

I think Im just going to do that.....I just got another one today and will us its gibs as reference for the other unit. I will get some photos up in a little bit. Thanks

Mark

Here are some photos: 1st 2 are of machine with damaged ways because of no gibs.

CIMG2130.JPG CIMG2129.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres what I got today!! Another Keller saw that I think I'll use to make the gibs by comparison. Also, a 70's Atlas band saw. What do you guys think the Atlas mite be worth?? Thanks!

Mark

CIMG2133.JPG CIMG2132.JPG CIMG2134.JPG

Hi all, just wanted to let everyone know I got the gibs mad and the saw works great!!!! :) I used this white plastic that I got from a nearby surplus supply house!! I've seen it used in factory/assembly plants before where friction isn't wanted, hopefully its lasts long enough to be worth the effort. No, I dont have any brass in the shop right now so I'm just gonna try the plastic until I can get some brass/bronze. Thanks for looking!

Mark

plastic gib.jpg

Yeah, mine didnt have ANY brass bushings....I was calling it a Gib...As you can see the adjusting bolts scored the top of the saw arm I made some from plastic/nylon material.

Mark

Back