Just Picked Up A Jet 13x25

Bellwether

Active User
Registered
I just wanted to show off my new lathe. It's a 1988 Taiwanese made Jet 13X25 with hardened ways. It came with an Aloris QCTP also, lucky me. When I picked it up, it was covered in cutting oil, chips and general filthy muck, but overall it is in very good condition. It took a few hours of cleaning to make it look respectable. I had to replace the belts and lube all of the points that require lubrication. She now runs like a top and make smooth, consistent cuts and is generally a joy to use. I was waiting for an older, American lathe to come up because I love the character that they have and because they a re generally more robust, but this one is quite stout with the substantial bracing in the bed.

IMG_0623.JPG IMG_0624.JPG IMG_0625.JPG

Very nice , great looking little lathe good luck with her . Now what kind of goodies are you gona buy for her. Yupp she likes gifts .

I had a 13X40 Jet for several years, enjoyed it very much. Matter of fact, that is what I learned on.
Good looking machine.

Trade ya! (enter suitable smiley emoticon)
Good looking (the lathe that is), looks like a sweet machine.
Chuck the grumpy old guy

G'Day Bellweather,
Nice score, don't forget to remove the thread chasing dial assy from time to time and douse the cleverly hidden bronze saddle drive gear in oil as they wear pretty quickly if they run dry for any length of time.
Regards,
Martin

Very nice, Looks like you are going to start having some fun.

Back