Just Ordered A G0704. Let The Fun Begin!

Note to self... stop working with the machine at 2am... you are tired and can overlook things and make stupid mistakes...

I ran a milling flute into my bed.... forgot to pay attention to how deep I was inserting the tool into the slot in the part that I was enlarging... :mad: sooo stupid on my part...

Now I get to order a new bed for my machine... my wall with parts/mistakes of shame is getting full...

Forgot to include the photos of the damage...

IMG_3043.jpg

IMG_3044.jpg

Well that sucks.
How deep is the damage?
I’m no expert but is it possible that it won’t make any difference because the damage will be spanned by the vise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that sucks.
How deep is the damage?
I’m no expert but is it possible that it won’t make any difference because the damage will be spanned by the vise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It probably does not matter because, as you mentioned, it will be covered by the vise (I had moved the vise to the extreme left to work on that extra saddle I ordered for modification of where the ballscrew goes... and there are no burs creating a raise there... So I could just leave it there as a reminder to always double check position of my tool...

But man, the shame is overwhelming, lol... I want it gone... I have a new one on my wishlist in the Grizzly website... $237.49 with shipping...

I have time to contemplate the universe and meditate on this while the rest of the parts for the CNC conversion get here... :p

Here there is no shame in mistakes, only learning! :encourage: :encourage: :encourage:

When my G0755 was very new I rattled an end mill real bad. I hit the stop, reset the speed, and feed, and restarted, the end mill had pulled out of the collet, and dug a very nice, oil retaining ditch. I stoned it to make sure it was flat, and ordered a 600.00 replacement table that is still leaning against the wall several years later.

Oh, this is the first time I've confessed to that too. :grin:

Back