Just Got A 9b Have Some Questions

Atesta18

Registered
Registered
just got a 9b I think not sure on year it is a v belt drive there is a lever on top of the gear box when I engage it nothing spins what do the gears do ?IMG_2503.JPG IMG_2501.JPG IMG_2503.JPG IMG_2501.JPG

I am not familiar with the 9B, but am taking a guess that is the engagement for the back gears. Look on the bull gear (gear to the right of the pulleys) and see if there is a pin on the right side of it. Pull the pin out and engage that lever and see if things will turn (by hand).

Mister Ed is correct. Have a look at the thread:
"Engaging Back Gear Logan 820"
for more info. The mechanism on the 820 is slightly different, but he operating principle
is the same. Think of your headstock as a 2 speed gearbox: with back gears
engaged you're in "low".

Last edited:
Sorry, I didn't intend that to be a link, just a title. The software converted it.

As suggested above there is a pin on the right side of the bull gear that de-couples the gear from the spindle. There is a mark on the pulley showing where the hole in the pulley is when you try and re-engage the pin. Rotating that lever then engages the back gear. The 9B is a similar to the Logan 400 or 1400 with the gear box and sometimes power cross slide. Do you mind posting pictures of your apron and saddle?

Back