Just bought a Rockwell Mill. can't find model # or serial #

I bought this mill from a guy closing an auto shop.

The motor has been removed by the PO and the wires disconnected. I will try to clean the wires to see if they are still marked, but as of now they are all just black.

I have all the parts for the mill except 1 for the quill feed clutch. I think it is a tapered bushing about 2 inches in diameter.

It is an R-8 quill. I can not find any evidence of a locking pin in the quill. Don't all R-8 quills have some kind of key that stops the tool holder from spinning? Can this be repaired if it is sheared?

Any guesses on the age or model?

Thanks

John

View attachment 85276

View attachment 85276
Walzfab here, Greetings, Look at the rear of the machine base on your 21-100 mill (Cast iron base, not sheet steel cabinet) You may find a model-s/n tag/plate (if it's not missing) than google " Rockwell 21-100 mill serial number date"
Or similar verbiage see what comes up

Hopefully your belt is wrong, if not the pulley may have been changed. I have a drill press with that problem . She looks like a nice machine, I hunted all over to find a small mill there out there. Good luck fixing her up.

Last edited:
I have a combo mill but the head is the same as what you have. If you want, I will take my belt off and measure it for you no problem. I assume your belt is loose even after you've adjusted the tension via the slots in the motor mount plate. Let me know if you need this measurement.

Until then here is a heap of photos of my rebuild on my combo mill.

http://www.pbase.com/ttwells/rockwell_combo_mill_project

Back