Just a friendly reminder...

HMF

Site Founder
Administrator
This is a friendly reminder.

We can agree to disagree without being disagreeable.
No one wants to feel attacked or beaten up upon.
I'm not saying that this occurred. I am reminding everyone that we take civility seriously on this forum.
Sometimes, the moderators have to make a tough call.
They do the best they can.

Back to machining.... :aok:

What a great reminder Nels. Also if I might add, should any of you members come across something like this the staff would highly encourage you to report it to us. We try to do our best, but sometimes we may miss something, you all have built this site to be the biggest hobby machining place on the net and it is growing everyday. Keep up the good work everyone.

Thank you to all who work toward this end. The helpful nature and comradery without bashing is what keeps me around and makes me want to help when I can (rarely at this point). I suspect that is why membership continues to grow and why everyone here tries to follow these guidelines.
Again, thank you!

A lot of companies used to have big signs around stating how many days had transpired without a safety accident.

As a member of this community it got be thinking of a sign " XX days that have transpired with no moderator intervention for inappropriate posts".

Sure we don't need to do this. But as important the leadership of this site is, it is up to me and everyone of us "follow the leader" and embrace the values that our leadership is cultivating.

I think each of us should also feel that is ok to nudge someone in an appropriate manner, if they say something inappropriate that goes against our values. Similar to how I used to be able to point out how my co-worker may be violating safety issues, and they felt comfortable to also suggest that I could do something more safely.

Having said all this, I very seldom see any reason for intervention. Proud to be a part of this learning and caring community.

David

Back