Johnson Model B Band Saw Rebuild.

That looks fantastic; like it was new! I like the colour too.
Nice job!

My power hacksaw came with several layers of mesh screen on the coolant return trough to the reservoir....heavy stuff at the back (say 1/4" gap) for support then progressively finer mesh up front. However, I am currently feeding cutting oil manually and have not really used that set up.

-brino

Thanks, Right now I just us cutting fluid and dab on as I need it. But if I start cutting much may want a different way so I do not have to attend it while cutting.
Hey now a have a good way to cut up the axle that I wanted to make a part from.

I've had two different bandsaws in my past. And each one has always run dry. Just make sure not run the blade too fast and you'll be fine. If you feel a need to need coolant, run a spray mister on the blade.

Man you did a nice job restoring the old band saw. Want to sell it back to me? Just kidding!

Thanks, It is not finished yet, Still working and looking to treadmill motor it, have figured some out, but not everything. WIll keep people advised.
even if I do not put a coolant pump etc, I need to put a chip tray in of some sort, and put some wheels back onit. The swarf is hitting the ground and going everywhere, and the thing is heavy so I need a way to move it around.

Yeah, that thing just didn't look so sturdy with three wheels under it. To me, it was an accident waiting to happen.
Put four wheels under it if you can.

Back