Jog Function Stops Working

TomS

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I've got a an intermittent problem where the jog function stops working. Usually it happens when I'm setting X, Y and Z axis part zero. I click on Regen Toolpath, Rewind, Reset, Jog On/Off, and other buttons and sometimes jog starts working and other times it doesn't. It doesn't make any difference which screen I'm on. Restarting Mach doesn't always fix the problem. Do I have a configuration problem, noise issue, or ?

Tom S

I have experience this problem in the past. Usually cycling the "Reset" twice fixed the problem. I never did figure out what the problem was.

I have not had the issue since moving to the Smooth Stepper controller.

On my router with the UC100, if I hit a limit and then the limit override the jog will not work on the page with the override button. I have to move to another page for the jog to work. That never happened with the UC100 or Smooth Stepper on my mill.

Jay

I have experience this problem in the past. Usually cycling the "Reset" twice fixed the problem. I never did figure out what the problem was.

I have not had the issue since moving to the Smooth Stepper controller.

On my router with the UC100, if I hit a limit and then the limit override the jog will not work on the page with the override button. I have to move to another page for the jog to work. That never happened with the UC100 or Smooth Stepper on my mill.

Jay

Thanks. It's random and a minor nuisance so I'll learn to live with it. I think it's a "noise" issue but tracking it down will be difficult.

Tom S

Tom,
Next time this happens look at your stepper drives and see if a red fault light is on.

Jay

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Tom,
Next time this happens look at your stepper drives and see if a red fault light is on.

Jay

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Will do.

Jog function quit working today and checked the driver lights. Everything was green. Hmmm. Did have a problem with one of the limit switch wires pulling out of the BoB connector. Not sure if it is related to the jog issue because I wasn't getting a e-stop activated message in the status box when jogging quit. Took me a while to find the wire but fortunately it was an easy fix.

Tom S

Back