• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

JFKcollet closer parts help

Rsc

Swarf
Registered Member
A JFK collet closure cams with my lathe. Unfortunately the hub and lock ring that mounts to the outboard end of the spindle is missing. The parts are a bit pricey thus I'd like to fabricate them. Does anyone have one they could send a couple of puctures and dimensions from?

Thanks
Rich

Attachments

Silverbullet

Mines missing the same parts , I plan on making them in the future. I bought a coupler on line that looks like the slotted piece I figure on boring and turning to fit if the slots fit ill be in like flint if not ill start from scratch.

4gsr

Global Moderator
Staff member
H-M Supporter-Premium
I have pieces to a collet closer that may match up with yours, but I need some more pictures of the internals on yours and maybe some basic dimensions that I can use to compare mine to. and if it matches up, I like to get a sketch of the handle and yoke that is missing from mine and in trade, sketches of the parts you need. Ken

Silverbullet

I have pieces to a collet closer that may match up with yours, but I need some more pictures of the internals on yours and maybe some basic dimensions that I can use to compare mine to. and if it matches up, I like to get a sketch of the handle and yoke that is missing from mine and in trade, sketches of the parts you need. Ken
Can I have dimension of the adjuster piece too.