Jet10X24 is it worth it.

I bought an old Taiwanese Grizzly 10x24 about 3 years ago for $1200. Great condition. Included both 3 and 4 jaw chucks, MT5-5C collet adapter for spindle, centers for spindle and tailstock, tailstock chuck, steady and follow rests. This was in Oregon, don't know what the market is like in San Antone. I'd try offering $1000, and see if he bites. Or else check what size and how many tool holders come with the QCTP, then ask him to include it in the $1100. Best wishes!

Hey Ken,
i got nez's jet1024p for $1,100. pretty much the same way as this one is pictured.
nez described the iron desert, y'all live in down there.
if it doesn't look too bad in person, snatch it up!
good luck! :grin:

It also looks like a later model. I have 1024P, this one is a PY. One thing I notice is it has a site oil level glass for the carriage, which is something mine doesn't have. The Treading Dial is different. And it also looks like the drive pulley/belt system may be more like Grizzly G9249, version of the Jet Lathe. As Ulma Doctor mentioned, in Northern CA, $1000-$1500 is what they typically price at.

If did not buy the SBL 13 I would buy this one for a spare, just so I know I would not worry about any parts availability in the years to come

The one Ulma Doctor sourced for me works so great that it will never be for sale.

What he sourced the SB you just purchased. Because I would love to have a bigger one like you just got, That long bed would do good for me, I could use one like that instead.

What he sourced the SB you just purchased. Because I would love to have a bigger one like you just got, That long bed would do good for me, I could use one like that instead.

Ken,

Austin is just a short drive for you, if you need to use a larger lathe, you at welcome to use it. You know where I live and you have my phone number. In an emergency need, even if were are not in town, a friend whom I served in the service with lives nearby, he has the keys to my house, he can let you in.

Very similar to a Jet 1024 I had in the 70's. It was a good,strong lathe. I made many things on it before moving to a larger shop. Then,I sold it to get my 16".

But,in the shape that one is in,I'd say no to $1200.

Very similar to a Jet 1024 I had in the 70's. It was a good,strong lathe. I made many things on it before moving to a larger shop. Then,I sold it to get my 16".

But,in the shape that one is in,I'd say no to $1200.

George,

You would enjoy running my 1024, with its VFD and proximity sensor ( The genius in MKSJ) it is a breeze to thread. check out the video. The Spider done by KVT.

The lathe cuts pretty straight, have chambered over a couple of dozens AR barrel with it.

Back