Jet rotary table score

boostin53

Registered
Registered
So I'm half way across the country visiting my family. While going through some of my father's things, he showed me something. He was given a Jet rotary table from work.

The faceplate on the table is either 12" or 14". It is a horizontal only rotary table, but I'm okay with that since it's free. It has a surface coating of rust on it which will be cleaned soon. It needs to be taken apart to be cleaned and oiled. How does this thing come apart? I notice on the underside are three screws. I can attach pictures later.

Oh yeah, he also gave me a Mitutoyo 0-1" deep throat/sheet metal mic. The last time it went thru the inspection cert. at his work was 1991 and this thing is in mint condition. He also gave me a few Central Tools, not the HF brand, mics. A 0-1",1-2",2-3" and a 3-4". They all have some rust and one of them is seized. I have them currently sitting in a bath of 50% ATF and 50% acetone mixture.

Sorry for the long post. Just wanted to share the tool score!

I also recently picked up a rusty rotary table. There doesn't seem to be much on the internet about tearing them down. I haven't found anything showing a teardown on a Brown and Sharpe table. There are a couple of YouTube videos on a Bridgeport and a Vertex.

I found this post with pictures of a Vertex, it also has 3 screws on the bottom. May be similar construction to yours?

http://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/vertex-cs-8-indexing-spacer-rotary-table.22083/

Back