Jet Model BD-920N ?

ShagDog

Registered
Registered
There is one of these lathes Jet BD-920N (Stock # 321373) quite some distance (about 4 hours) from me that I intend to check out tomorrow. Sounds like it is has had very little use, and may have been used for some woodturning. It may be missing change gears. Opinions on this lathe would be greatly appreciated asap. Thanks.

the 920 lathes are very useful machines, i would consider it an asset although you may need to perform a survey of the lathe once you get it.
expect some damage from the previous owner, but be relieved if there isn't much harm done to the unit.
lathe gears can be made, purchased and 3d printed. there were thousands of the 920's produced,
the 1.0 metric modulus of the gearing makes replacement gears relatively easy, though modification may be necessary if Jet can't supply the original gear.

if you want to see how it's done on a 920, look up member of revere, @savarin

here is a taste

Geez Mike my head wont go through the door soon. But thanks.
How much does he want for the lathe? They are pretty cheap brand new compared to a lot of other lathes.
Keep your fingers crossed he doesnt hammer his lathe as hard as I do.
However, they are very easy to improve and by golly from new they do need improving out the box. Maybe he's already done some mods.
There are a lot of posts on here regarding these mods and theres also a good group specifically for this lathe. https://groups.io/g/9x20lathe

Back