jet ghb 1340a crossfeed

sbarrett

Registered
Registered
recently purchased a jet 1340 gearhead lathe which is about 10 years old,but used only a few times,the lathe even still had a lot of the cosmolene still on it,but the problem is the automatic crossfeeed will not engage.the longitudinal feed works great,but i try to shift the handle to engage the crossfeed,it will not activate,took the pin out and the front plate off,everything inside seems to be intact,but can not figure this out,does anyone have any advice for me on this problem,thanks for looking ,Steve

Steve,
There is an interlock with the threading lever so that both cannot be engaged at the same time. If threading lever is slightly down it would prevent cross feed from engaging. It would also prevent longitudinal feed from engaging so may not be your problem but I'd check it if you have not already.

Steve,
There is an interlock with the threading lever so that both cannot be engaged at the same time. If threading lever is slightly down it would prevent cross feed from engaging. It would also prevent longitudinal feed from engaging so may not be your problem but I'd check it if you have not already.

thanks for the reply,i will look at that,even though my longitudinal feed is working fine.Steve

recently purchased a jet 1340 gearhead lathe which is about 10 years old,but used only a few times,the lathe even still had a lot of the cosmolene still on it,but the problem is the automatic crossfeeed will not engage.the longitudinal feed works great,but i try to shift the handle to engage the crossfeed,it will not activate,took the pin out and the front plate off,everything inside seems to be intact,but can not figure this out,does anyone have any advice for me on this problem,thanks for looking ,Steve

still no luck making the crossfeed work,has anyone had one of these apart,maybe could get some advice be for i start taking things apart,thanks, Steve

Back