Jet BDB 1340A

TFC

Active User
Registered
Hello, All,
Does anybody have any hands on experience with the late model Jet BDB 1340A lathe which they'd like to share?
Thanks.

Sorry for the late response, was away for the last few days.

I use one at work and I have a no name version for myself at home.
Pierre

Much better than the Atlas 10" that I had. The one at work, only two of us use it. So it does not get hammered like company leased cars! Had no issues in the 10+ years todate. I dumped the factory oil in the bearings, refilled and ran 5-10 minutes and dumped again. Did it 3 X in total before the oil came clean with no debris. 2 yreas ago I replaced the spindle seals to slow down or stop the oil leak. It slowed down, still a weep on the outboard side. It seems to come and go. Depends on how much use, does not leak while sitting. It does not have a QCTP just the 4-way that it came with. I have a QCTP for the one in my garage. AXA size and lots of holders. Need more holders! Uses Mobil Vactra 2 way oil and DTE spindle oil. I had to replace the apron switch and one of the magnetic contactor. This is mostly wear and tear on the contactor. The apron switch actually broke. Plastic got hard and shattered.
Pierre

the cheaper the price the better it is..lol

Back