Jet 1236P lathe need parts

Durand

Registered
Registered
Hi everyone, I'm new here but have been reading all the posts I can about the lathe. I have little experience and just purchased a Jet 1236P 1981 lathe. It's in decent condition. I need to rewire it completely, but will get into that at the wiring forum. Does anyone know if the grizzly g9249 compound slide will fit the Jet 1236P. The lathe has a back plate 3 and 4 jaw chuck and steady rest. The ways feel and look good. I was going to start with compound slide. After that I was going to redo the motor and rewire and that should be it. Also, clean it it up its just dirty from sitting in a barn for years. I was going to take some pics later tonight and post them.

Thanks
Randy

Also, I found the manuals for the lathe.
The Jet manual is very basic to say the least but I have downloaded the Grizzly g9249 which is much more detailed. So I did get that accomplished so far.

Post up some pictures. I may have a compound that will work.

John

Post up some pictures. I may have a compound that will work.

John
Hi matthewsx, here is the cross feed. I will measure it tonight.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20220203_102127913.jpg
    IMG_20220203_102127913.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I have an Enco badged 12x36 lathe from the same era that is probably identical or very similar. I can take measurements of mine if you need any.

Hi, I also just picked up a JET 1236P(Y). 1980s vintage. It is in pretty good shape, (just needed some cleaning up),has a 3 jaw chuck and a drill chuck on the tailstock but no other tooling. I got it cheap because the compound and apron were missing, and had a wimpy little 1/4 hp motor on it.
Did you find out if the Grizzly parts will fit?

Back