Jepordy So What Ya Think It Is Was ?

kennyv

Registered
Registered
for shtz and giggles just picked up a brand new used SB 10"heavy tool room lathe found this under the stand what ya think it was for ? I have one guess but ill wait to see if anyone DSCF1132.JPG DSCF1133.JPG DSCF1134.JPG knows

That is a nose guard that should fit used on the top of the headstock spindle nose. If you get to looking at some of the old literature, it was mainly found on the turret lathe version of the 10" L lathe.

That is a nose guard that should fit used on the top of the headstock spindle nose. If you get to looking at some of the old literature, it was mainly found on the turret lathe version of the 10" L lathe.
Ohh good one you think that's is / was for the SB10 heavy?
and can I ask a silly Question but what are we guarding with it ?
I thought it may be for a lamp or something ...lol... the color matched machine and I see there was a lamp at one time so I had no idea and put it out there. Thanks

yea I see that . placed it on the head stock before looking at the link after you said guard . Yup it fits . guess it would be ok for preventing coolant but that's only if it found its way back to the spindle . ill hold on to it less anyone wants to give me 50 bucks for it . maybe make a beer holder / slash hang it on the stand so I know it el be there when I need .. prob get more use out of beer holder tho....
wow ! check this out cant belive I paid a few hundred more bucks for mymachine loaded than u can get the base for...... crazy aint it ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281602638475?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Would love to have that stand for my 9" SBL. But it's not deep enough to handle the counter shaft/motor mount that goes behind the lathe.
BUT!! That would cost me with shipping around $2000!!! I can go buy a bunch of HF roll a way cabinets to serve the same purpose!

Yeah, beer holder, if you like different flavors of coolant and cutting oils..

Would love to have that stand for my 9" SBL. But it's not deep enough to handle the counter shaft/motor mount that goes behind the lathe.
BUT!! That would cost me with shipping around $2000!!! I can go buy a bunch of HF roll a way cabinets to serve the same purpose!

Yeah, beer holder, if you like different flavors of coolant and cutting oils..

yup yup who cares what pretty bunch she sits on as long as the machine is fully functional . Paid 2xs amount but got a fully loaded tol room machine with all the fixins.
That price is jacked sorta like the Harley dealer selling memorabilia and clothing over priced for the name . and sad lots of items may not be USA anymore . What happened to the good ole USA ??????.. ok lets not go there ... I only work here .
On the cup holder beer holder idea I figured if its mounted on LH side of bench next to motor cabinet that would be a good work holden spot no? and I don't mind the water soluble stuff its the tap magic for alum that has the after taste ya cant get rid of for a while . I don't care how many times ya wash yur hands that stuff stays in your finger prints .

Back