It's here!

MikeWi

Active User
Registered
My Pm1236 arrived at 7:39am this morning. I'd say they made their delivery window of 7:30 to 9:30am :) Vitran made the delivery from a semi, so no local transporters to worry about. The driver was very helpful and went out of his way to try and get the pallet set down somewhere near where we needed it (in spite of trees in the way). Got it unpacked and hauled up onto the porch and into the house. Now it's time to take a break!:beerdrinkers:

The next step is to turn it 90 degrees and slide sideways over a 6" drop to the stair landing, and then it's down hill all the way. Pics are being taken, but I'll post them all at once. It's been quite an adventure so far!

nice!

congrats. it all came through... well not through the door yet, but as far as shipping goes ;)

Just to underscore our good fortune as opposed to what was forecast, it started pouring rain about 30 min. after I made that post. LOL close one!

Glad it went well - good thing you don't live in Chippewa Falls or north up to Superior! (chuckle) 14+ inches of snow!??:panic:

Good for you Mike. I think ou will be pleased with this lathe. I sure am.

Bob

Well here's what we have so far:
The driver had a bit of a squeeze getting behind the house:
IMG_8976.jpg

The crate had clearly been out in the rain at some point, the top plywood was delaminating, and tore like tissue paper, but everything inside was protected by plastic, so no worries.
We dragged the pallet from where the driver left it on the driveway over behind our porch/mini-deck and pried the lathe around with bars.
IMG_8993.jpg

After pulling a couple rails off I hooked it up using a 20' tow strap and a winch from HF
IMG_8997.jpg

I had to use the porch ramps to bridge between the pallet and the first set of ramps.
IMG_9000.jpg

We tried soap first, but then we realized... Crisco!
IMG_9008.jpg

because of my back, my wife did most of the cranking on the winch alternating between a cordless drill and using the crank it's self. The drill was faster, but there were times when the crank was needed to overcome extra hard spots like the top of the ramp. I used my considerable weight to keep the winch's platform from tilting forward instead of pulling the crate.
We tried using an air wrench too, but it ran out of air too quickly and the hammer actually forced the nut on the crankl shaft to strip, causing me to weld it back in place.

Up the second set of ramps and at the doorway. Now we have to move the winch back to the stair landing and shorten the straps.
IMG_9012.jpg

All the way into the house! now it has to be swung around 90 degrees, and pushed sideways down to the landing. This will be interesting, but I have a plan. About 30 min. after this last picture heavy rain started up. T-storms are forecast for the next two days, and rain the next two after that. We dodged the bullet!
IMG_9014.jpg

Tomorrow involves a mini-ramp and that wood platform at the left of the last picture. And a couple jack stands...

IMG_8976.jpg IMG_8993.jpg IMG_8997.jpg IMG_9000.jpg IMG_9008.jpg IMG_9012.jpg IMG_9014.jpg

I remember when mine looked that clean, barely! :))

When you lift it on the stand you can lighted the load by removing the chuck and tailstock.

You should be making chips real soon!

Gary

Back