It did say Planes in the forum title . . .

Beautiful work Mr. Wolf! My 4 year old granddaughter, my son, and I, took a ride in a R44 last summer, her first flight experience. We all loved it and it was cool to see the wonder and joy on her face. Great fun!

Tom

Thanks for the compliments.

I chronicled my experiences building and flying my helicopter if anyone is interested:

www.ucosm.com/rotorway

Haven't updated the website much since I started flying it.

Bought this 90% complete in 1994. Finished it up and had it flying in 6 months. Over the last 18 years have modified and upgraded it. New Radio, Transponder, Toyota Starter,
Alternator Kit, Scott tail wheel and so it goes on.
Model is a Hatz Bi-Plane built from plans powered originally by an Lycoming 0-290 but swapped it out a few years ago for an 0-320.
I have flown it to Oshkosh 3 times it now has 1000 hrs TT. I have taken so many people for plane rides I have lost count.
Never had anyone get out without a huge grin on there face.

copy.jpg

Good looking Hatz, Joe. I just finished turning threaded plugs for the control tubes for a Hatz build in Texas.

Tom

I have a RANS S6ES I bought from a friend 6 years ago. Also built a Challenger II in 1995 that I flew for 13 years. I finally spent money on better tools to get the job done right. These things always need tinkering.

rans panel_6.jpg

RANS S6ES LARGE A4.jpgchallenger.jpg

rans panel_6.jpg RANS S6ES LARGE A4.jpg challenger.jpg

Beautiful Rans, Flip. I hear they are a joy to fly.

Tom

N3480h, you mentioned that you were running a VW type engine. Was your engine a car engine that you stroked and made provisions for two plugs per cylinder? Or, is this a purpose built aircraft engine that is a boxer?
Thanks

Back