Is There Something Wrong With These?

S

Stu

Forum Guest
Register Today
not getting any feedback to a previous post I gotta wonder if there isn't something wrong with an Advance Rotary Table. I see lots of posts regarding "what to buy" and "I settled for a Chinese knockoff". Just wondering what is the problem? This seems to be an extremely well built and accurate piece that is far superior to most. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

DSC00414.JPG

DSC00412.JPG

DSC00413.JPG

DSC00414.JPG

Interesting piece, are you sure it's not Japanese. Couldn't make out the name. Mike

I'm not really sure what you're wanting to know, Stu. I am not familiar with that exact piece, but by appearances it looks like a well built accessory. Something pre-CNC where many combination arc and angle moves are needed. It looks to be a heavily built, quality piece. Although, unless my eyes are deceiving me, it has a bent input shaft to one of the axes. Who knows what it will take to put that right, but I wouldn't hesitate to get it apart and see if that couldn't be satisfactorily straightened.

nothing is bent. The handle you see at an angle is removable to be used on another axis, or the opposite end. It must be that way because the table can move past the handle. The table moves in five directions, north/south, east/west and rotates. Advance made one larger, 13", can't imagine what it must weigh. Primarily used on a pattern mill. In its' time it was the CNC. I can't use it but hate to see it go to waste. Had hopes I could find a trade. Any takers I live in Hesperia, Ca

Back