Is it over yet???

B

Bill Gruby

Forum Guest
Register Today
6 days till Spring and we get 17 inches of snow. Old saying goes, "When March comes in like a lamb it goes out like a lion."

"Billy G"

I got lucky, "only" 8-12inches, far less than the forecast of 15-20inches. I cleared the township created pile at the end of the drive and blew the snow to be able to get one car available for use. A lot more clearing today. I feel sorry for the dog when the snow is deeper than his legs. He hates when the snow reaches his belly.

I think bears may have the right idea. Just hibernate until its over.

Not only 17 inches but cold as well. Everything is frozen this morning. Can't even let the dog out the back door since last night. Also can't get the door open to get out there to clean off the deck.

68 degrees here today, snow is melting, my wife saw 3 Robins at the bird feeder and I bought garden seeds just to help things along, Happy Spring!

Finally finished early in the afternoon. The worst was actually this morning, we were still getting the back flow of the storm and lake effect off Lake Ontario as now in the mix. Yesterday we had about 8" and in 7 hours by 2 pm today, we had another +12" on top of that. A relative on the coast in Nova Scotia recorded near 85 knot winds speeds, not the gust!
Pierre

I wish your winter would end as that would mean our appalling summer would end as well.
I am sick of plus 90' temps with 80+% humidity, its exceedingly debilitating.
Bare metal rusts as you look at it.
And to add insult to injury theres been no rain and we have water heavy restrictions.

Here in Wisconsin, we have come to expect a mid March snow storm. I'm not sure if St. Patrick's Day or March Madness or some other factor brings it on but it definitely happens more often than not. This time around we dodged the bullet. Only about 3" which I cleared today. Twenty miles to the east, they got double that. We did have -5ºF the following morning. A far cry from the 69ºF a week before.

Back