Interstate Taps

I bought an tandem Interstate acme tap off of Ebay for $25 Last fall to tap a new brass Cross slide nut for my Craftsman Lathe and it worked great. I believe it was a 1/2" x 10 LH

why do you have to buy the tap whats wrong with single pointing the thread. whats the problem I can walk you through the actual single pointing bill

why do you have to buy the tap whats wrong with single pointing the thread. whats the problem I can walk you through the actual single pointing bill

LOL, I have no problem with single pointing them. Been cutting threads for over 40 years. Just wanted to try the Tandem Tap. Getting lazy as I get older. I could even buy the 1/2-10 LH nuts I need if necessary.

"Billy G"

I se so many people on this site that cant afford a tap so I was trying to see where you were at I to purchased a tap for a part on my sons lathe I just didn't want to single point it either. I could have if I couldn't afford a tap. I'm glad to know that you can do the threading and I understand that desire to go the easy way out. I do this also always try to find and take the easy way, the tap I bought was a acme tap like yours and it worked fine for the single hole in brass bill

IT was an interstate tap from victor machinery. where I came from I could walk up to the tool srib and get any acme tap I wanted they had them all 2 lead left hand 4 lead left handed all the way up to 5 inches. all to fit navy ship requirements

I got one folks. Cleveland NOS for $39.95 out the door in Hartford. Then they came up on ebay for that price, imported however. Thanks for the replies.

"Billy G"

Back