insert name from anytime tools

U

umahunter

Forum Guest
Register Today
I was wondering if anyone knows the insert name of these inserts that fit the anytime tools 5 piece set of 1/2 inch holders there site has them for sale but doesn't list there designated name here's a pic from there page thanks for any help :) :) :) Screenshot_2017-04-08-20-21-47.png

How do I tell if these are 21. Or 32 . 51 0r 52 is 51 what is the difference between 51 0r 52 ????

For the ANSI size 21.xx or 32.xx you would measure the inscribed circle of the insert (largest circle that will fit inside the insert) which is the first number. 21.xx would be 1/4" IC & 32.xx would be 3/8" IC.

The second number is the insert thickness. 21.xx would be around 3/32" thick & 32.xx would be around 5/32" thick.

I'm dumb when it comes to this when would you chose a 1 vs 2 nose radius? ????

Thanks Umahunter for asking , because I find these inserts very confusing. Where is this Anytime Tools? They have quite a few tools made in the USA . I tried to sign up for an account but it won't let me put anything but a US address.

The 1 (smaller radius ) is used when the parts are long /slender . Or if your machine is low on rigidity . Basically you need to take a cut equal to 1/3 the radius to achieve a shiney surface finish . So a bigger radius must take a deeper cut . There is a lot more to it but think of it as smaller radius = lighter cuts

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back